Saturday, August 17, 2024

If all we had...

You friends that read "my stuff" are 10x smarter than I am.  I continue to get thoughts and ideas from you that push my brain.  I just feel fortunate to share them with everyone on this blog.

Recently from my friend Joyce... "If all we have today, is what we gave thanks to God for yesterday, how much would we have."

Not much.  Less than we have.  Oh my gosh, we have so many blessings.

MMM... reminds me of how I feel when I go up to the communion table on days that I preach and I get to say the prayer over the offering...  I always feel like saying this...  "Dear Father, we pause to thank you for our blessings, but if we actually did it, church would not get out at noon... ever..."

We can all give thanks a bit more.  And that is good for you and good for me and good for everyone.  Gratitude just makes us sweeter people all around.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: