Thursday, August 8, 2024

I should quit

Not too long ago I received a note from a reader expressing their opinion that I should end the blog.  They indicated that I had been doing it for so long and I am evidently burned out.

I did not reply to their email.  I had nothing constructive to say in response.  But, I am not ready to quit.  I still love to write.  It keeps my brain going.  And I love it when I get good things to post from my friends.  

Reading their stuff stretches my brain.  I love to think about things that I otherwise might not have been thinking about, and I get this input from others.  Please keep sending me your stuff!!!

And I am reminded of the purpose of this blog, which is posted on the right hand side of the web page for anyone who wants to visit it at www.canyouhearthebirdssing.blogspot.com

If you go to the web page, you will see this on the right hand side.  And, anytime that you don't get the daily email, you can view the blog post for the day at it's internet domain www.canyouhearthebirdssing.blogspot.com

WHAT IS THIS BLOG?

This blog is the occasional ramblings of Jeff Brinkman, a semi-retired United Methodist Pastor. When Jeff cannot post, some of his buds take over. This blog may or may not inspire, may or may not be humorous, but will always be honest. This blog is Jeff's attempt to remind himself and others that God is greater than anything, and if we just look hard enough, we can see the good in life, and if we slow down and listen, we can hear the birds sing. Contact Jeff directly at Jsbrink57@gmail.com

So, I apologize, but I will continue writing, and I will continuing using great stuff that my friends send me.  In a way, they are writing the blog as well.  Our collective wisdom is greater when we share ideas.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.



No comments: