Tuesday, April 22, 2008

daffodil field

After yesterday's blog, one of you fine people sent me this picture. You may have seen this before, but it definitely answers the question, what would happen if every member planted ten daffodil bulbs this year? Eventually, the hill on the north side of our pond would look like this field.

I don't think that such a dream is out of reach. The landscape team is going to be planting more daffodil bulbs this fall, but I think a person could plant bulbs anytime that they so wished.

Things of great beauty rarely come easy, but they will come. God does make everything beautiful in its time. [Eccl. 3]

Is there anyone who would take up a challenge to cover our hill with daffodils? I will personally plant 100, at least. I think this is doable. Imagine our hill next spring, filled with beautiful yellow flowers all declaring the glory of God.

Who will help? I would like about 30 responses to this message, committing to purchase or plant bulbs. Wouldn't you love to show this hillside to your friends and family next spring and tell them that you were on the team that made this happen. Let's do it. Join the team. Let me hear from you.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in - I don't get to garden much. Dave

Anonymous said...

Im there. I will purchase and plant. Let me know when. The only thing is, I do not warranty my work. I will need someone smarter than me to supervise.
Erik B

Anonymous said...

I'm in...perhaps the landscaping team can give us some direction in terms of where to get them, how to identify the best if there is a difference, when to bring them to the church, etc.

This might be a great thing...just to speak something into the life of someone passing by..."look at that!!!", casting a glimpse of God's splash of color on the hillside, drawing attention to His heart for His creation...declaring the Glory of God!

I think it fits the mission of the fellowship. Your friend

chigger farmer said...

If I can wrangle chiggers - then paying for and planting some bulbs should be a snap! Count me in....

Anonymous said...

Jim and I are in. I may not be able to dig the holes, but I can help place the bulbs and cover them.

Note: We need to pass this through our wonderful landscape supervisor, Jonnie, so that we purchase the same type, color and size daffodils.
Suggestion: perhaps all those who wish to purchase bulbs, could put their $$ in the kitty and then the landscape people could purchase in bulk at a discount = more bulbs for the dollar...thus a bigger BANG for our bucks.

Wowsa! Wowsa! Won't this be fun and spectacular!!! Whoohoo!!!
M. A. & Jim

Anonymous said...

count me in - though like some of the others i would have no idea what to buy or how to plant. i can learn quick though.
you just name the day and time.

Anonymous said...

OK - it took two blogs, but we're in. Have Jonnie add us to the list and we will buy and plant.

Anonymous said...

Count us in...we have never planted anything so we may need some guidance. Just let us know when.

Anonymous said...

I will help. If you can plant 100, I can plant 101 ;) Just let me know when, Brutha.

Ragsdale