Monday, April 14, 2008

Orion is almost gone

The season of Orion is almost over. [that is him in the picture on the right.] He is falling out of the night sky to the west-southwest. I explained Orion in a post on November 8th.

Another season is past, another cycle of life. It can feel a bit depressing to watch the time fly by, but it is also a great celebration to know that I have lived.

Saturday I was mowing the grass in the back yard. It occurred to me that the week prior I was in the back yard with a neighbor and church member Jim C. I thought, "a week has gone by. It is Saturday again. Jim and I are both still alive. That is good."

This past year I have loved and lived and cried and laughed. I have seen so much good. I have earned my gray hair and wrinkles. I have seen 365 sunrises and 365 sunsets. I have savored the rain and wished away the cold. It has been good. I have watched my children grow and developed bursitis in my elbow.

Another year, marked by the coming and going of an old friend. I hope to see Orion again in the late fall. I hope you get to see him too. Let's plan on it.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: