Friday, April 11, 2008

wise words

Who do you hold dear and why? I find that there are folks that easily endear themselves to my heart because of the wise things that they say.

I am a pretty simple guy. I don't need to ride in nice cars. I don't need the latest of anything. Give me a good friend with a good mind and I am a happy camper. Spending time with caring, bright, thoughtful people is like winning the lottery. Fact is, given a choice of winning the lottery or having friends, I think that we would all choose having friends. You can't put a price on love.

I love the comment recently posted on April 7th by my long time friend. "The highest courage is to dare to be yourself in the face of adversity. Choose right over wrong, ethics over convenience, and truth over popularity... these are the choices that measure your life.Travel the path of integrity without looking back, for there is never a wrong time to do the right thing."

Oh, yes. There it is. That's what I'm talkin about. A direct hit.

I feel smarter just knowing people like this. A good word at the right time. There aren't many things better than that.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: