Wednesday, April 2, 2008

words

I continue to be amazed at how people talk to each other. Good Christian people who for some reason think that they can say whatever they want to their spouses, friends, and children.

Words can hurt. Hurt badly. Live words and email words can both hurt equally as well. Come on folks. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

There is no excuse for intentionally hurting someone else. Think about what you are saying. You can encourage someone and help lift them up, or you can bite them with your words.

How are we ever going to learn to give ourselves away, if we can't learn to control our tongue? How can we speak to God in prayer, yet speak to others and create pain? First rule of life: do no harm.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to say the good.

2 comments:

chigger farmer said...

What an important reminder that words are powerful, and to choose them with care. Whether spoken, written, whispered or sung - I'll try to use more that encourage, affirm, acknowledge, and show appreciation.

Lion's Den Man said...

Let's play "Name that Tune"

"Can you hear me, the sound of my voice?
I am here to tell you I have made my choice
I've been listening to what's been going down
There's just too much talk and gossip going 'round
You may think that I'm a fool, but I know the answer
Words become a tool, anyone can use them
Take the golden rule, as the best example
Eyes that have seen will know what I mean"


Peace,
Lion's Den Man
Matthew 7:12