Friday, April 18, 2008

new life

You may have to click on this picture to really see it.

I have often wondered about oak trees and other plants that hold onto their dead leaves all winter. I used to wonder if they were alive. They just look so dead all winter.

This is a picture of some little rose bushes that live along our sidewalk. I was so worried about them because they looked so dead.

Now however, they are roaring back to life. And it is interesting to see the old dead leaves being interrupted, pushed out, and overtaken by the new life. Winter and spring, death and life, side by side.

I think we humans are a bit like this. A little bit right, and a little bit wrong. A little bit the flesh and a little bit the spirit. Broken, imperfect, struggling, trying to figure out which we are and what we can become.

I thank God for the hope of the Christian. Right in the midst of our humanness, God can bring new life. He makes all things beautiful in His time.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always wonder about the trees that take the longest to show signs of life in the spring. Sometimes it will be June and they are just starting to bloom and surprise me that they didn't die during the cold months! I guess we are all like this, we bloom at different times... some really early, others much later! It is a beautiful day in God's world, because he gives us all the opportunity to bloom. -B