Saturday, April 12, 2008

things to celebrate

I was in a meeting with some staff the other day. I asked them to go around the circle and tell me something that they had heard or seen at the church that was a blessing to them.

One said, we had 50 people on the missions trip to Wilderness Camp over the weekend. Another said that 40 people had helped make the move into the missions building. Someone talked about the prom dress ministry and how it touched so many young girls, and the ladies who put it on. Someone told a story about a friend who had invited a hurting person to worship. The opening of the church bookstore was lifted up. The last person celebrated that 40 ladies participated in the women's retreat and that it was really good.

Every one of these things are worth celebrating. Not too many years ago, any one of these reports would have been the center piece of celebration on Sunday morning. Now, they are all one good thing among many. Now, it is impossible to mention all of the good things that are being done.

Even though I know that I cannot be involved in every ministry or even know what everyone is doing, I wish I could. I wish I could watch and see all of the good that pours out so freely around the church.

I hope that you are involved in some things that are making a difference. I hope that you have found some things in the life of the church that bring you joy. Find a way to get involved. Read the newsletter, surf our web page. It is such a blessing to see all that is happening at your church. Take time to give thanks and to celebrate all of the ministry that is taking place at Woods Chapel Church.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The ONLY bad thing about being part of this church is I cannot physically or financially be involved or even support all the wonderful things that are going on at Woods Chapel. It is great to be here.