Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Many Mansions

Last night I had a very fun dream. I was looking for a new house. Not that we need one, nor are we looking. But in my dream I was looking in the nicest of neighborhoods, at the largest of homes. Indoor swimming pools, 8 bedrooms. Incredible views and 4+ garages. It was a lot of fun.

I talked to the realtor about how I could not afford such homes. Was there a special mortgage or special plan to help us get into this home? I got a phone call. One of the owners wants to give us his home. The only stipulation is that we give our home to some needy person, and that we give the mansion to someone who needs it when we are done with it.

I woke up before we moved in, but the idea of that wonderful house waiting for me was very awesome.

I guess you see where this is going.

Jesus said, "in my father's house are many mansions. I go there to prepare a place for you, that where I am, you may be also."

I don't talk about the second coming or heaven much, because I really want us to focus on how we treat each other in the here and now. I don't want us to be so heavenly minded that we are no earthly good.

But, what a dream! What a joy! What a gift awaits us! Thank you God for this most unspeakable gift!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: