Wednesday, April 9, 2008

where is my watch?

Sometimes you have to laugh at yourself.

Wake up. Shave and shower. Put on pants [one leg at a time]. Grab shirt, shoes, belt and watch. Sneak quietly out of the room so as to not wake up the wife. Watch goes into pocket on the way down the stairs.

Over the next hour, I look for my watch several times. It is in this pocket. No, that pocket. I know I put it in a pocket. Where is it? Maybe I left it upstairs.

Getting ready to leave for work, must have watch. A day without the watch has a "naked" feel to it. Kind of weird.

Watch must be upstairs. Why do I remember putting it in my pocket? Oh well, just go get it.

Dog, get off my lap. Before I go upstairs, I will wash the old dog feeling off of my hands. I go to the sink, I pull up my windshirt to wash my hands.

Oh. Look! There on my wrist. My watch!! I guess I won't have to go upstairs.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Thank you. I truly cannot say it enough.

Lion's Den Man said...

Early Sign of Alzheimer's

Difficulty performing otherwise familiar tasks, such as preparing a meal, opening a car window or using a household appliance can be signs of Alzheimer's disease.

Memory loss that affects job skills. It is normal to occasionally forget an assignment or a colleagues phone number, but it is not normal to frequently forget such things or to become so confused that you are unable to concentrate and can not perform your job functions.

Problems using language may be a sign of Alzheimer's disease. Although it is normal to forget words, people with Alzheimer's disease may become hard to understand and may substitute unusual words or phrases for forgotten ones. A person with Alzheimer's disease may appear to have become less fluent and may also have difficulty writing coherently.

Disorientation to time and place. It is normal to sometimes lose track of time or to become lost, but a person with Alzheimer's can forget what year it is and can become lost on familiar streets and not be able to find their way home.

Loss of good judgment may also be a warning sign of Alzheimer's disease. This could take the form of wearing inappropriate clothing (e.g. pajamas worn outside in winter) or suddenly giving away large amounts of money.

Problems with abstract thinking. It is normal to make a mistake balancing a checkbook, but people with Alzheimer's disease may forget the meaning of numbers or what to do with them.

Misplacing things. It is normal to misplace things occasionally, but putting things in unusual places, like an iron in the refrigerator or a watch in the sugar bowl are warning signs of Alzheimer's disease.

Rapid mood swings such as unexplained anger or going from apparent calm to sudden crying can be warning signs of Alzheimer's disease.

Personality changes. As people age, their personalities may also gradually change, but for a person with Alzheimer's disease the changes in personality are often sudden and dramatic.

Loss of initiative, sleeping longer than usual and loss of interest in the usual activities can be signs of depression, but are also warning signs of Alzheimer's disease.


Have a nice day.

Lion’s Den Man

Anonymous said...

The other day I was going upstairs to get something. About halfway up, I realize I cant remember what I am going upstairs for. I do the smart thing, and sit down a second to puzzle it out. After a minute of not being able to remember, I give up and stand back up. Troule then is, I couldnt remember if I was going up stairs or down the stairs.