Saturday, April 26, 2008

a good day

Friday is my day off. They are usually very good days. Here is what I did yesterday.

What a joyous day was yesterday. It began with a wake up call from God. "Hello, Jeff. Rise and shine. You get to live today. You get to live for me today."

Shave, shower.

Take a phone call from my boss. Boss calls, you answer. Every time.

Go to church for a visit in the coffee bar with a friend. Then a little bit of office work.

Home. Wife is back from her travels. Take her to lunch. She is a good girl and I love having her in my life.

Take a nap. [see, this is a good day.]

Mow the grass. Wander the yard and look at the trees and flowers. The plum and the cherry are getting ready to bloom. The pears are done. The tulips are all up and the hosta is coming in. The bare spots are filling in, and Jonnie's iris are coming up. Praise God! what a glorious time it is to wander the yard in the spring!

Go to Lowes. A new shovel, and some plumbing parts. Go home. Fix the plumbing. Get to use tools. It is a good day.

The girls are home for the weekend. Alli is naming all of the germs that she learned about in biology. Scott is going to the conference track meet next week. All three kids are working tonight. All three kids are working!

Reading time. Reflecting time. Sermon time. I feel the presence of a loving God. It is a good day.

That was yesterday. Today is looking pretty good too. I got the wake up call from God again. Ahh, another chance to live!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The other day I read a devotional that said I should be grateful for the mounds of laundry and other housework. Honestly, I haven't achieved that level of appreciation yet. But, you were thankful to go into the office on your day off, mow the lawn, and fix some plumbing. You would be thankful for mountains of laundry. So, I am going to follow your lead and try to do the same.

You are right, it is a beautiful day in God's world.