Wednesday, September 24, 2008

daffodils

It's time. Earlier this year we talked about planting daffodils on the north side of the pond. We hope over the next few years to have the entire hillside covered. Local news at least. People coming by the church in the spring, just to see the vast sea of yellow. I believe that some people will see this and want to learn about the hearts of the people that did this. I believe it will invite people into our church family. A marvelous statement to the glory of God.


Last year we planted 1800 bulbs. See picture above. On two weekends in October this year, we plan to plant 5,000. Several of you indicated the last time we talked about this, that you would
like to help. I will be contacting those of you that I don't hear from. If you are still in to help, either by planting or helping to pay for them, let me hear from you.


I really feel that this is going to be another piece of the awesome story of Woods Chapel UMC.


It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

chigger farmer said...

I'm still in! And I hope more will join the effort. Come on you guys it sounds like fun. Bulb-palooza is coming to WCUMC!!!

chigger farmer said...

I'm still in! And I hope more will join the effort. Come on you guys it sounds like fun. Bulb-palooza is coming to WCUMC!!!

Anonymous said...

Still planning on it