Monday, September 15, 2008

life's been good to me so far.....

It's a Joe Walsh song, but I do not want to trade lives with Joe Walsh. He might want to trade with me.

I was taking stock yesterday. Sunday is the day that I get my brain ready for my wife to leave town for the week. I just make sure that we have time to enjoy each other and say the things that need to be said.

We were talking yesterday. We have raised three great kids. We have won the friend lottery.

I have loved and been loved. If it is all over tomorrow, I've had a great life. Everything from here on out is the 19th hole, a double header, dessert.

Think about it. The good has so much outweighed the bad. I've been to Disneyland, the Grand Canyon, Cocoa Beach, and San Francisco. I have snow skied, snorkeled and played softball. We have so much to be thankful for. I hope you can see it in your life too.

It's a beautiful day in god's world, be sure to see the good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't trade with Joe either. His Maserati may do 185 but he lost his license so now he don't drive... Learn to take joy in smaller portions. A cool fall day, a budding tree, the smell as you drive by Summit Pit BBQ. Giving someone a smile, a hug, a kind word.... It brings the righteousness, peace and joy you preached about yesterday.

DT

Anonymous said...

I woke up this morning thinking the same thing. My life has not been without some huge obstacles, but, looking back, the good times far out numbered the bad. And I've been to the Grand Canyon 3 times--one of my favorite places. Talk about awe inspiring. If anyone reading this hasn't been there, (and flying over on your way to Vegas doesn't count)and you want to feel real peace, go stand on the edge of the Grand Canyon. You'll "get it".

Anonymous said...

My husband and I feel the same way. Though we are only 36 and have many years left, our lives have been full. We have faithful friends, ability to work through tough times, intelligent children, good families and have a lot of fun together. :)
Have a blessed day! Safe travels to your wife and my husband tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

All of us to Walt disney World, hot air balloon ride, helicopter, helped to build a house in Uganda :), Italy for a month :), 13 grandchildren, church :), leading a class, a tender, loving husband, a new knee, Jamaica Medical Mission with an awesome place for me, WINE....oh the places I've been and the things I've seen! I won the lottery!