Friday, September 5, 2008

the other night

The other night I had a bad attitude. It wasn't very bad, and it wasn't for very long, but it was not the attitude that I want on display in my life. No matter how short the duration, bad attitudes hurt others and set a poor example. "it's all about me" is on display again.

I feel bad about this. Good. It is good to feel bad about something when you were wrong. If you don't you might just keep doing whatever you want until you end up in prison. Feeling remorse is God's way of turning us in the direction that we need to go. I am not talking about neurotic guilt, I am talking about feeling sorry for a bad attitude.

Thank you Lord for the times when you help me see that I was wrong. Give me the grace to grow and change. Amen.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Lion's Den Man said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lion's Den Man said...

Jeff,

It’s a good thing we didn’t run into each other. Bad attitudes (stinkin thinkin) should not be company to one another. I had two situations in the past week where I handled things poorly to say the least. Fortunately, my kids and my wife don’t let me get away with stuff like that. So, I apologized. Respect is a two way street. I may have had a valid point, but the way I conveyed it diminished both the value of the message and (me) the messenger. So, I re-grouped, started over, restated my point and position, listened to theirs, and now we are all on the same page……...

Encouragement and a positive message……what a great way to shift attitudes and actions, not to mention........ Accountability, without it I would be stagnate in my growth or worse….. headed in the wrong direction.

So I will steal your closing thought and pray that others who need to do so, will follow suit.

“Thank you Lord for the times when you help me see that I was wrong. Give me the grace to grow and change.” Amen

Peace ,
Lion’s Den Man