Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering 9-11

Everyone remembers where they were. I remember. I will always remember. This morning as the images were shown on the news, I cried big sobbing tears, just as I did seven years ago today. I am so sad for the people in the towers and their families. I am so sad for the people on the planes. I am so sad for our country.

I am going to take a moment now to remember those who lost their lives that day. Join me in a moment of silent prayer..........
Remembering the tragedy of seven years ago, remembering the sadness, gives me pause to thank God for our country. We all take so much for granted, but we have been blessed. From the mountains to the prairies, we have been blessed. Every day we should give thanks for freedom. For the right to vote. For a press that is so free that it gets obnoxious during election season. We should give thanks for our schools, our churches, and the uncountable gifts that God has bestowed upon this great land of ours.
It's a day to solemnly remember.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is a great children's book called September 12th We Knew Everything would be all right written by some first graders here in MO that I read each year to my first graders when we talk about this horrible tragedy. I have to really work hard to control my emotions as I read it - nearly as much as when I read to my students about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s life.