Thursday, September 4, 2008

Humor is still a gift from God

Please do not make fun of my dog. I brushed his hair and put a collar on him for that picture in yesterday's blog.

Humor is a gift from God. I have said it before. If there is an area that you are feeling stress in, inject some humor. Now you should deal with real serious things seriously, but if it isn't that serious, then don't take yourself so seriously. My favorite line at home has become, "I am not feeling the love here!" Not that my wife is much trouble at all, but that line is far better than hollering and tension. Don't tell her what I said in this blog, my left eye is just beginning to open.

People like to laugh, it is good to laugh. We should be able to laugh in church sometimes. Life is too short to be a grouse. Do you know any jokes? tell them. If you don't know any jokes, learn one. Tell a joke today, see if things don't improve.

I couldn't quite remember how to throw a boomerang, but eventually it came back to me......
There was a sign on the lawn at a drug re-hab center that said 'Keep off the Grass'......
Two hats were hanging on a hat rack in the hallway. One hat says to the other, 'You stay here, I'll go on a head.'.......

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Lion's Den Man said...

A few thoughts from Steven Wright:

*What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

*A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

*Borrow money from pessimists-they don't expect it back.

*I had amnesia once or twice. --

Anonymous said...

Can vegitarians eat animal crackers?

Why is the alphabet in that order? Is it because of that song?

They were going to release a Chuck Norris edition of Clue, but the answer always turns out to be "Chuck Norris. In The Library. With a Roundhouse Kick."

My mother started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She’s 97 now and we have no idea where she is.

And, since we're on the topic of dogs, did you ever notice when you blow in a dog’s face he gets mad at you, but when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window?

Anonymous said...

From my 4 year old...

How do you know when the sun is sick? It doesn't feel so hot.

How does the ocean say hello to the beach? It gives a little wave.