Thursday, September 18, 2008

Something is wrong

"Something is wrong with me!" I hear it over and over again. Good people who trust Jesus, who have asked for forgiveness for their sins. Somehow they are still consumed by the thought that something is wrong with them.

Well, there is nothing wrong with me and there is nothing wrong with you. If we confess our sins, we are forgiven and free. Every moment that you spend thinking that there is something wrong with you, you are wasting time and energy that could be spent devoted to living a joyful life.

Practice thinking about the good. Says prayers of thanksgiving. Count your blessings. Get your mind's focus off of make believe and onto reality. You have many blessings from our loving heavenly Father.

"Arise, come to your God, sing him your songs of rejoicing."

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good, because it is there if we will only look.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely needed to be reminded of that today. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Jeff - Nothing happens by accident. I'm home with my sick kids today and I'm frustrated with my job. I keep thinking, "Something must be wrong with me - - this job can't be the place for me - - that stupid job fills me with so much anger - - that anger steals the precious time I share with my children."

Your message is perfect, so I thank you. I am so blessed, the thoughts leave me speechless and in tears.

I promise to "Practice thinking about the good." And, continue to thank Him.

- Tammie