Wednesday, November 19, 2008

30 days, day 19

Today I am thankful for faith in God. Where would we be without it? Ever since Sunday night's gospel choir concert, I have had these words stuck in my head:

Lord I’m Trusting
Chorus 1:(Lord it’s in You), oh Lord I’m trusting.
(Lord it’s in You), oh Lord I’m trusting.
(Lord it’s in You), Lord I’m trusting,
I’m trusting in You, Lord to see me through.

Chorus 2:(The road may be rough), oh Lord I’m trusting.
(The road may be rough), oh Lord I’m trusting.
(And the going may be tough), Lord I’m trusting,
I’m trusting in You, Lord to see me through.

Verse 1:Tis so sweet to trust in You, Jesus,
(I’m trusting in You, Lord, I’m trusting in You).
Oh just to take You at Your word,
(I’m trusting in You, Lord, I’m trusting in You).

Chorus 1
Verse 2:How I prove Him over and over,
(I’m trusting in You, Lord, I’m trusting in You).
Oh for grace to trust Him a little more,
(I’m trusting in You, Lord, I’m trusting in You).

Chorus 2
Bridge 1:
Tenors:I’m trusting in You Lord,I’m trusting in You.
I’m trusting in You Lord,I’m trusting in You.
Altos/Sopranos:Lord, I’m trusting.

Bridge 2:(I will) trust in the Lord,I will trust in the Lord.
I will trust in the Lord until I die.
(I will) trust in the Lord,I will trust in the Lord.
I’m trusting in You, Lord to see me through.

Vamp:I’m trusting in You, Lord.
Ending:I’m trusting in You, Lord to see me through.

Dear friends, I am telling you that the words of that song are still reverberating in my heart. What happened in our sanctuary when the choir was singing that song was not much short of a miracle. I don't know that I have witnessed such genuine electricity in worship in my life, and I have been around for a long time. Even now as I remember this moment in my mind, at 5:30 in the morning, my eyes are filling up.

I am thankful for faith and trust in God. Especially in these days, it is more important than ever.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
P.S. come join the gospel choir, it will be very good for your soul.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who was moved to tears. Great concert, great feelings, great energy and God was there too.