Sunday, November 2, 2008

30 Days, Day 2

November. 30 days to give thanks. Oh my, it is time to be thankful again. This is going to be easy, and so much fun! let's see, what should I be thankful for today?

Well, yesterday was All Saints Day. A church holiday that celebrates all of our Christian friends and loved ones that have lived and died and made a difference in our lives.

I am thankful for all of them. For my Father and Mother, for my grandparents. For John Wesley, Anthony Demello, Bishop W.T. Handy, Roy McDonald, Bill Powell, Cynthia Mack and thousands more.

From some, we learned the right things to do. From others, we learned the tragic results of bad decisions. But from each, we have the opportunity to learn and grow. We would not be here without those folks who brought us into the world and nurtured us along the way.

"O Lord, here my prayer of thanks today for each one of your Saints that I have been touched by in my life. May they rest today in the peaceful arms of a loving God. Amen."

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: