Friday, November 21, 2008

30 days, day 21

Today I am thankful for something simple. Food. I am not going to feel guilty about being thankful for that. Ok, it is a simple thought in some ways. I am spoiled. I get to eat three meals a day. Thanksgiving is coming, and I will most likely enjoy the usual feast of turkey, dressing, potatoes, on and on. My wife is a good cook. All the kids are happy when Mom cooks because she is good at it.

I know that some people don't get to eat three meals a day. When I visited Russia, I met people who woke up in the morning and were not sure what they were going to eat that day. I am glad that our country helps feed the poor around the world, and I am glad that our church helps to feed the needy in our community. By being thankful for food, I do not mean to disrespect the needy, those who don't have such food, but maybe the fact that I know that not everyone has food, I know it is a blessing and I am thankful for it.

I am thankful for Tuna Sandwiches, vegetable soup, pecan pie, burger king burgers, pizza, pork roast, raisin bran, eggs and sausage, fruit, asparagus, green beans, the Panda Cafe, tacos, fajitas, peanuts, hotdogs, bratwurst, cobb salad, spaghetti, meatballs, ham n cheese, on and on. Waffles, pancakes, shepherds pie, strawberry short cake, ice cream, steak, mushrooms, rice and beans, bean soup, chili, ...............

See how much we have to be thankful for. We are blessed. Thank you God! I am aware. I know that we have so much. May we never forget how blessed we are.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: