Thursday, November 20, 2008

30 days, day 20

How is your list? Are you having trouble coming up with something different every day to be thankful for? Or is it pretty easy for you?

Today, I am thankful for those who see the world differently than I do. For example, I hear that some of the Christian book stores may be taking the book "the Shack" off of the shelves. I am sorry to hear that, I don't agree with that, and I think they are looking at the wrong things. However, they are entitled to their opinion.

All around you are people who disagree with you and with me. Different ideas on politics, religion and on raising children. Different ideas on the past, the future, and on reality in general.

Sometimes we may feel annoyed by those who are different than we are. But can you imagine a world where everyone agreed with you all the time? What would that be like?

I think there is something good, something whole, something right about getting along in the same world with those who are different from you. We never learn if everyone agrees with us. It takes all kinds to make a world, and Jesus loves them all, including you and me.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, what are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff,
I have to give you credit. This did not make my list. I think it is very profound. It is hard for me to become this self actualized. I need to file this away for the next incounter with someone whom I think is coming from far out in left field. I should remember to be thankful for their difference in opinion and realize they see me coming from the same spot. Thanks for the reminder.
Erik B