Sunday, November 23, 2008

30 days, day 23

Today I am thankful for the deer that sometimes greet me on the way into church. They are beautiful. They watch me and I watch them. They are suspicious of me, and I don't want them eating the church's tulips.

On the subject of animals, there are some amazing ones. Cats and dogs. Pigeons that are making their home on our roof. Hawks near the church that float in the air looking for field mice. Sparrows and robins and bluebirds. Whales, sharks, zebras, giraffes. Wildebeests, tigers, wild boars. Horses, cows, and sheep.

All of the animal kingdom speaks of God's greatness in creation. I am thankful for the deer that greeted me on the way into church today. I am thankful for it all.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: