Saturday, November 29, 2008

30 days, day 29

Today I am thankful for love. There are many things that can be said about love. I am thankful that I love cars. I am thankful for the love that I have for you. I am thankful for the love shared with my wife. I am thankful for the love of God.

The amazing thing about love is that it becomes more than a feeling over time. It becomes this thing that resonates inside of our hearts that points us in the direction of good. Because I love you, I want the best for you. I don't want you to hurt. I want you to be filled with joy. I want you to walk with God.

Because of the love that I have in my heart, I would never hate you. I would never go to your country and shoot you in your hotels. I would never want to do anything that would bring pain or grief into the lives of others.

I find it so difficult to understand the actions of people that do bad things, killing and terrorizing innocent people. It is hard to understand until I see that there is something that we have that they do not. Love. This amazing thing that God places in our hearts. God is in fact, love. When he lives in our hearts, love lives in our hearts. We still have a lot of work to do to teach others about love. There is still a great need in the world.

Go love someone today.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: