Friday, November 7, 2008

30 days, day 7

Today, I am thankful for home. I have been out of town for four days, and that tends to help one appreciate home. I hope that your home is as good for you as mine is for me.

Home is the place where I belong. It is where I am a part of something very special. Cathy and I have worked pretty diligently to raise three children. Watching them grow over the years has been awesome. Now, they are all grown up. They have full blown senses of humor and emerging senses of responsibility.

Home. My recliner. My books. A place to retreat from life, and a place to celebrate life with others. Home is more than a house. There is an old saying, "with what you earn, you make a living, with what you give, you make a life." At home, there is life. Lots of giving, lots of caring, lots of love.

I am thankful for home. I hope you are too.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: