Sunday, November 9, 2008

30 days, day 9

Today I am thankful for four seasons. For the cadence of life. Summer makes you appreciate winter. Winter makes you appreciate summer. Spring and fall, well, they could last a bit longer in my book. How do people in Alaska make it? Winter all the time. It must be terrible. And what about the people in Florida? Summer all the time. It must be so boring and the bugs get so big. The people in Florida would all be much happier if they moved to the mid-west.

Now here is another reason why I like the four seasons. They challenge me to see the good. I do not want to live through winter, just hoping for spring. And I don't want to bear the summer, just hoping for the fall. To do so is to waste the days of summer and winter. I want to learn to enjoy the heat of summer. I want to learn to savor the cold of winter. It is all good, it is all wonderful, if we just take the time to give thanks for whatever season it is. These are truths that are only known to those who live in the four seasons of the mid-west.

It's a beautiful near winter day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: