Thursday, November 6, 2008

30 days, day 6

Today I am thankful for................ responsibility. Really? Responsibility? Yes. That very thing that we dread as teenagers, that very thing that our parents worked so hard to teach us. Responsibility.

Human nature causes us to dread our responsibilities sometimes. But think about it, life cannot always be one giant vacation or one giant birthday party.

Having things that I am responsible for, gives me a sense of purpose in life. Behaving responsibly causes me to feel good about my life. Seeing positive results from carrying responsibility well is one of the great gifts ofGod in this life.

As in all things of life, nothing of value comes for free. By hard work, determination and responsible behavior, our world is moved forward in a positive direction.

Though sometimes I want a break from them, and I am sure that you do too, I am thankful for the good that comes into our lives from having things to be responsible for, and executing those responsibilities in a healthy way.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: