Thursday, January 6, 2011

giddy

Giddy. Is that a word? It certainly isn't a word that I thought I would be using anytime soon. But, after eight days of living under a cloud, for some reason, last night, I became giddy. For no reason at all. Maybe I ate something and a burst of serotonin rushed into my brain. I would like to think differently though. I would like to believe that a person can only be down for so long. You can only do it for so long, then, you just come back. You light up again.

Last night I found the joy again. Giddy. for no reason. Awesome. I remember the scripture, one of my favorites from Psalm 30:5 "weeping lasts for a night, but joy comes in the morning."

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thanking God for your 'giddy'. Blessings from God!

Lion's Den Man said...

Crying out reminds us of our dependence.
Weeping leads us to reconnect with God.
Our tears are sacred.
They water the ground around our feet so that new things can grow.
-Rob Bell

Sharon said...

That's awesome. I can't really picture you "giddy" but hey, if giddy is what you felt, hallelujah!! Just thinking about you being giddy, makes me smile. ; ) Just saying giddy, is causing me to smile. What a weird word.

Anonymous said...

Sooo glad to hear it. You deserve joy. Good morning.

Anonymous said...

So glad you found your joy again.

Tonia

Anonymous said...

People have been praying for you Jeff. It makes a difference! So glad the fog has lifted.

Anonymous said...

So very happy for you! The angels are singing some of your favorite songs today.