Saturday, January 8, 2011

knowing things

Yesterday I mentioned that there are some things about the faith that we just cannot know. Fact is, I think that there are lots of things that we cannot know. More so even, I think much of what we think we know, we are mistaken about.

Methodists are usually pretty good at staying focused on the essentials of faith and leaving the other matters of opinion in the court of opinion. That is one of the reasons that I like the Methodists. Most effort is spent on the core issues, the good stuff, the stuff that really matters.

What are some of the things that I think we can know-
  • God loves us unconditionally.
  • Jesus died for our sins.
  • The Holy Spirit can convict us, comfort us, and lead us in this life.
  • I trust that I have an eternal future with my Father.
  • Loving others is the core activity of the Christian life.
What else do I need to know?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: