Tuesday, January 18, 2011

horse whisperer

The horse whisperer grabs the face of the wild horse. He looks the horse in the eye. He speaks to the horse. And, somehow, the horse gets it. The horse remembers who he is and what he is about. The horse reaches back beyond his current thinking to the purpose of his creation.

The horse quiets. The horse relaxes. The horse becomes a part of the solution. The horse acts in concert with God's plan for the horse. All because the horse whisperer got a hold of him.

Lord, I wish I was better at whispering. Who do you need to whisper to? Better yet, what would God say to me if he really got my attention? If wise folks in the church got ahold of me and were able to whisper God's wisdom into me, what would they say?

The Holy Spirit still speaks in a still small voice.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a great post, Jeff. Thanks.

Sharon said...

I don't claim to be one of the "wise folks in the church", but I find the lyrics of our gospel songs speak to me and why shouldn't they speak to you? After all, it is the gospel--"good news".

These are the lyrics from a song that KB wanted us to do called They That Wait on the Lord:

Hold on a little while longer
Here's what you got to do
Trust and believe my friend
He'll work it out for you
One thing you must remember
My God is able and He cares for you, He cares for you.

Wait on the Lord and He will come through
Wait on the Lord He will answer you
Wait on the Lord and He won't be long
Wait on the Lord He's going to work for you.

I find that trusting is pretty easy--it's the waiting that's hard.