Monday, January 24, 2011

missions

Well, we have opened the discussion on missions in 2011. Discussions can be fun. Am I asking that we should do more? No not really. The discussion sounds annoying when we think that the direction is simply about doing more. How can we do more? We are already doing so much.

Rather than doing more, I would like to frame the discussion this way. I am asking for a paradigm change. It sounds like this - Missions isn't something that we do. It should be something that we are.

We don't live our lives and then take a break to be in mission. If you are a Christian, all of your life is a mission. It's not that we are being good when we act in mission. All of our life is to be a mission.

if we start thinking like that all of the time, what will the results be?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Powerful message in what you posted. Thanks Jeff.

Sharon said...

Exactly!

Anonymous said...

When I was growing up, my pastor always ended the service with "Go in Peace, Serve the Lord".
Everytime you say "Go in Peace", I silently add it in my head.
Maybe we could add it verbally.
Just a thought.