Tuesday, January 11, 2011

laughter

one of my memories growing up was seeing my dad start his Saturday's either in the garage or his wood shop. He always had the radio on and there was a program he listened to called the " Saturday Morning Comedy Hour". That was my introduction to comedy. Along with his collection of music albums my dad had a great collection of comedy albums. I have bought cd's of my (his)favorites and listened to them on occasion, but not often enough. They bring back great memories. My dad loved to laugh and I am lucky he shared that passion with me.

I believe no matter what the times are like for you laughter is good medicine. Seek it out and share it with someone.

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people. ~Victor Borge

Peace,
Lion's Den Man

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your memory is "cooler" than mine. I grew up with my parents and Grandmother, and Saturday morning radio at our house was...."The Polka Party!" Ugh - if that doesn't make a teenager want to run screaming out of a room I don't know what does. But now when I hear that kind of music I get a rush of nostalgia and think of my Grandmother on Saturday mornings in Wisconsin, and it makes me laugh! :)