Wednesday, January 19, 2011

to serve and be served

I spent some time the other day with a good friend. Our paths cross often, but finding uninterrupted time to catch up is rare. It was a good exchange, better than I could have hoped. Why? Because we invited each other in....dropped our guard...didn't use the common response of "good" to the question "how are things". I think we each saw an opportunity to serve and be served and I am not sure doing which of the two helped either of us more. I am glad that we took the time to slow things down for a little while. Sometimes we just need to be deliberate in our friendships.

Peace,
Lion's Den Man

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So well said....I believe we need to "tend" our friendships as we might tend a garden. When opportunities to spend some quiet time with cherished people presents itself - I hope I'll take advantage of it. Great reminder. . . .thank you.