Thursday, January 27, 2011

whose life

Whose life is it anyway? Is it mine, or is it God's. If it is mine, then I don't like interruptions. I don't like to wait. I don't like to be annoyed. If it is my life, I may take a time out on occasion to do some nice thing for God. Then when it is over, I will return to my life. If it is my life, everything that I do for God is a bit of an intrusion, something else that I have to fit into my busy schedule. I do some things for God, but I can't wait until they are done so I can get back to my life.

If it is God's life, then things are a little different. I wake up in the morning and I am thankful that he gave me the breath of life. I count my blessings, because I know that they really are not mine. If it is God's life, then I am reaching out to others, all the time. Everyone, everywhere. Others are not an interruption, they are my opportunity to share God's love. Me handing a homeless person a dollar is not a story that sticks out in my day anymore, it is simply one act of many that occurred on a given day- that incident just fits right into everything else that was going on. If it is God's life, no kindness that I do is an interruption. The interruptions come when I allow my selfishness back in.

Whose life is it? Whose life are you living? Today? Right now? Those people around you- are they an interruption to your life, or an opportunity for you to be Jesus?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: