Wednesday, January 5, 2011

two questions

A few sermons back Jeff mentioned how someone was late for a lunch date and it gave him 10 minutes of peace and quiet....He went on to talk about finding the deeper things in life….appreciate the people and the things in your life.

Last night I was reading through some stuff and two questions struck a cord.
o How do you feel about the pace of your life?
o In what ways do you feel life is passing you by?

The pace of life. I am letting it rob me of my joy. The joy of experiencing life...sharing life. Listening to people's stories, watching how people interact. Being all there...Someone shouldn't have to tell me something they told once before....if I'm losing my memory then I should be writing it down…taking notes...but that isn't it. I shouldn’t be at one of my kid’s games and wonder what happened in the previous 5 minutes.....and on and on. I haven't been living in real time. Time to put the brakes on….hear the birds sing. The best times are found in real time.

Peace,
Lion’s Den Man

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You got that right LDM.

I just get used to LETTING things rob my joy. Most of these things are my own emotions and anxieties.

I am going to take some time today and ponder that statement:

"I am letting it rob me of my joy. The joy of experiencing life...sharing life."

GB