Saturday, January 15, 2011

pep talk

Pep talks are supposed to cheer you up. This one did.

I am sitting across the table from this person. She asks if I am mad [I was staring off into space] I told her I am not mad, I am just grousing about my problems. She asked me what I had to be grousing about.

Now that in itself is a good question, given the fact that everyone in my family is healthy.

I ran thru my list of items that I grouse about. When I finished, a very impressive pep talk was delivered on the topics of life, love and such. "Get up when you get knocked down." And the like. It went on for ten minutes.

I was so impressed by this pep talk and everything that was said was so, right. The best part of it, is that it came from my 22 year old daughter!!! I am still smiling just thinking about it.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pep rallys are usually led by cheerleaders. You have a very loving family, and your 22-year old fan/cheerleader is always rooting for Dad and for mom. So glad God gave you the blessing. So glad God gave her the wisdom.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Alli!!!!

Anonymous said...

Someone clearly raised that girl well. And don't give Kathy all the credit. :-)