Sunday, January 2, 2011

Make Friends

I had lunch with a friend the other day and he gave me some very good advice. Sometimes you can take an aspirin and make the pain go away. Sometimes you take Darvocet. Sometimes, no matter what you do, you just have to get used to it. No matter what you do, it is still going to be there. You have to accept it for what it is and make friends with the pain.

Ahh. Make friends with the pain. I have heard this before. You can't fight it or control it, so you welcome it, you embrace it and you make friends. You say, "Hello Mr Pain, its you again? Well come on and hang out. Is this all that you have? You are nothing that God and I cannot deal with."

Making friends with the pain also points me directly toward God. To live with such things a person have got to have the Almighty very close by. And He is.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My husband has such horrible pain. He's fighting it, determined to win with his own will. My husband has never had a close relationship with our Lord. He's attempting to do this battle on his own. There are many changes in his life, in our life as a couple because of this illness. I pray for my husband and for us. When a person doesn't feel God's presence, how does a partner convince him of God's grace?