Saturday, November 10, 2012

thankful - 10


from a reader-

I am thankful for change!  That sounds very strange coming out of my mouth, because I resist change at every opportunity.  I never move the furniture, switch out pictures or holiday decor.  I am the girl who sat on the third floor of my high school on my last day before graduation crying, because things would never be the same again.  I stayed in a destructive marriage because I didn't want to get divorced, worked at the same company for 30 years and have mourned excessively when loved ones have died.  So how can I possibly be thankful for change?

Every once in a while I have a moment of clarity and realize that life may not be going in the right direction for me.  I start to see options instead of rigidity, light instead of darkness, hope in place of despair.  I like to say that I see the stepping stones in the pond.  Suddenly big changes are possible, moving half way across the country, going to nursing school, getting a new job, finding my Lord and Savior.  I know now that these changes are fueled by his Holy Spirit.

So now I see that I have actually moved from point A to point B.  I HAVE CHANGED!!  It still scares me, but it lets me know that I am alive and that God will be with me all through the stages of change.  He knows that I am afraid, but he does not leave me.  It is through Jesus that I can be thankful for change.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: