Sunday, November 18, 2012

thankful -18

This one is from me-

I am thankful that sometimes I don't get what I deserve.  Jesus died on the cross to bear my sin.  Instead of judgment, I have been forgiven.  We get love and freedom, when we deserved something else.

The other night I was heading up to meet someone at La Fluente.  I was running late so I was in a hurry.  I am in the median, in that little strip waiting to turn left into the Price Chopper parking lot.  There is a good deal of traffic.  I see an opening coming in the cars that I can turn through.  I also notice that the car coming up is speeding up, almost as if they are trying to close the gap so I won't make the turn.

Here comes the opening, here I go.  I make it through, but it is much closer than I thought, and it was a very dangerous thing for me to do.  Even careless and imprudent.  It was dark that time of night, so it wan't until I was pulling through that I noticed that the car that was closing on me was...... a police car.

I rushed through the parking lot, another dangerous move, parked, turned off the lights, and headed in.  I watched for a while to see if a cruiser was lurking around looking for a brown truck.  The police car never came back.  I dodged a bullet.

Sometimes we deserve something, and we get something else.  So I am thankful today for good fortune and for God's amazing love and grace- all undeserved.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Clif said...

Thanks for being so real, Jeff. Not many of the pastors I've known have admitted to being human to their congregation.