Tuesday, November 6, 2012

thankful - 6

During November, I hope to post something from each of you about what you are thankful for. To participate, simply post a comment or send me an email. Here is today's testimony of thanksgiving, from a reader of this blog-

I am thankful for the life of prayer.  For the ways that I am learning to not just live, but to think about my living.  I love this quote from Meister Eckhardt -

"What we plant in the soil of contemplation, we shall reap in the harvest of action."

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful that in the midst of God's apparent silence...sometimes over an extended period of time as I continually lay my nagging unanawered prayer before Him, He moves in such a way that I am aware He hears and is being God, even in my situation.

His answer to my prayer, as it comes, will be better than giving me what I ask. I am asking for the bad in my life to stop. God is crafting my story...and it's about Him, not me.

The reason I am frustrated with His "answer and timing" is because I'm more like me than Him. But, the more time I spend with Him...I suspect the more like Him I may become. One day, I'll come to think like Him...perhaps not soon, but one day. Then, I'll look back and bless His name for not "answering" my prayer by giving me my wish. Rather, on that day, my wish will be for His answer.

So, I'm thankful for a Father that cares more about my future than my appetite this hour. There's a peace that comes with trusting God. Bad things in life become managable in a peace-filled place.

So, today I'm thankful for peace. That's a pretty awesome answer to prayer.