Friday, November 16, 2012

thankful -16

from a reader -

I am grateful for the pets I've had in my life. I am grateful for the unconditional love they give. The first one I really remember was a poodle that Santa brought me several weeks before Christmas when I was 5. Heidi was such a good sport- she let me dress her up in doll clothes and would set in the doll high chair while I fed her pretend food. I also had a pretty white kitten, a pet goat (Nanny) that wasn't supposed to be a pet, several turtles, a really fat male mouse that, come to find out, wasn't fat... Or a male. (15 baby mice popped out of that thing!). Into adulthood, I had Maisy, the sweetest Rottweiler in the world, and Keesha, who had doggie-heimers. Having them put down was almost unbearable. It took two years before I'd even consider getting another pet, but I finally gave in. My Husband wanted another Rottie, and I didn't want one at all- so we compromised and got a baby Chihuahua named Bella. :) 9 months later... We got a second one named Bear. Bella & Bear (with a combined weight of 6 pounds) are the happiest and most loving little puppy dogs! When I come home they are so excited to see me. They make me feel 110% loved. Pets are sweet little 'extras' God created... not out of need for survival, but simply to bless us.

Dear God, thank you for the sweet creatures you made that we call 'pets'.


What are you thankful for?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: