Saturday, November 3, 2012

thankful - 3

During November, I hope to post something from each of you about what you are thankful for. To participate, simply post a comment or send me an email. Here is today's testimony of thanksgiving, from a reader of this blog-

Thanks for the chance to do some evaluation about our lives.   I am most of all thankful to two young college men at a small Catholic collage in Montana who brought their room-mate home with them in 1940.  But most of all I am grateful to them for asking me to be his blind date to go to hear Tommy Dorsey play at the Wandamere  Ball Room on Thanksgiving eve.  It ended in a marriage which took place in 1947 and is still going strong 66 years later.  While, like any marriage, it has had its stress and sadness and struggles,  it has been filled with blessings "pressed down and flowing over" and that is the thing I am most grateful for this Thanksgiving --- and every day of my life. 

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: