Thursday, November 8, 2012

thankful -8

During November, I hope to post something from each of you about what you are thankful for. To participate, simply post a comment or send me an email. Here is today's testimony of thanksgiving, from a reader of this blog-

I am thankful for all of the good that can come to us in life, out of circumstances we would not choose.  Many of you know that my bride of 45 years went home to be with Jesus in August.  While the blessings in such a struggle that lasted 4 months, may seem to be overshadowed by the struggle, in my life that is simply not so.  I am thankful that I saw the church really become the hands and feet of the Christ.  While those times of ministry to me and my family were from mostly my WCC family, God chose to use many others in the roll He has given each of us, from His greater church.  Care givers that really care, medical professionals that were assigned to bring "bad news" and did it with such grace and mercy.  No matter what was going on at the time, there was someone who genuinely wanted to help in some way, so they did.  I have said many times, since Lynn passed on that it was such a blessing to see the church be the church as God intended!  From the prayer at mealtime of a preschooler expressing to God his hope for Lynn's suffering to end, another preschooler who wanted to "sing to Lynn" and did, to the many who reached out to our family in so many ways, God was glorified and I am truly grateful.  Have a blessed Thanksgiving Celebration and tell your spouse each day that you love him or her.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: