Monday, November 5, 2012

thanksgiving - 5

During November, I hope to post something from each of you about what you are thankful for. To participate, simply post a comment or send me an email. Here is today's testimony of thanksgiving, from a reader of this blog-

Jeff, I was feeling down and worried today. Thinking about how we were going to be able to deal with some issues. Thinking about what we don't have. Then I saw this and I stopped and started thinking about what I do have that I am grateful for. I am grateful for a good husband who is my friend as well. I am grateful for our two beautiful, amazing, daughters. I am grateful for our two dogs who can always make me smile and feel loved. God sure knew what he was doing when he created those "pure" little beings who only want to love and be loved. Well they like to eat a lot too, but their needs are few. I am grateful that I have a church family that I dearly love. I am grateful that I know I can have 3 meals today if I choose. I am grateful I have a home to go to and a 12 year old car that runs well and i still love it. I am grateful that i have health and no serious pains. I could go on and on for quite some time about what I have that I am grateful for. Even though it doesn't make my current problems go away, it made me feel so much better to think about all the wonderful "things" I do have in my life. The list of what I have and am grateful for is much longer than the list of things I don't have.  Thank you. Sometimes we just need a little prompting to remember. 

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: