Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thankful -11

From a reader -

I'm thankful that in the midst of God's apparent silence...sometimes over an extended period of time as I continually lay my nagging unanswered prayer before Him, He moves in such a way that I am aware He hears and is being God, even in my situation.

His answer to my prayer, as it comes, will be better than giving me what I ask. I am asking for the bad in my life to stop. God is crafting my story...and it's about Him, not me.

The reason I am frustrated with His "answer and timing" is because I'm more like me than Him. But, the more time I spend with Him...I suspect the more like Him I may become. One day, I'll come to think like Him...perhaps not soon, but one day. Then, I'll look back and bless His name for not "answering" my prayer by giving me my wish. Rather, on that day, my wish will be for His answer.

So, I'm thankful for a Father that cares more about my future than my appetite this hour. There's a peace that comes with trusting God. Bad things in life become manageable in a peace-filled place.

So, today I'm thankful for peace. That's a pretty awesome answer to prayer.


It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: