Monday, November 26, 2012

thankful -26

from a friend-

Here is what I am thankful for today. Every morning I read one or more devotionals written by people who do not know me but cared enough about me to want me to grow spiritually and to see the joy in this part of our eternal journey. That list includes all those who labor behind the scenes and publicly to make our spiritual lives more rewarding (and easier in many ways). Included are the authors of the Bible and those who worked to make it available to everyone. Now for the point of my reading today. A couple I have read about for years both recently went thru cancer and achieved remission. The husband’s cancer is back. His wife, an author in one of my devotionals, described a recent visit to the doctor. She told the doc her husband was using the word “hopeless” a lot recently. The doctor shut his office door, looked the husband in the eye and said “your attitude is the biggest ally you have right now. You need to understand each day is a gift you can chose to open or not. I want to you to end each day by thinking of one reason why you were glad you were alive that day. You will be surprised how many reasons you find.” Today I’m grateful for the doctor, his advice (which I’m going to try), and for everyone who takes the time to share their spiritual thoughts with me and the world. What a gift!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: