Thursday, November 22, 2012

thankful

Today is thanksgiving.  I could write about so many things.  But I am going to write about what is on my heart today.  I am thankful for my children.  Today for the first time in years, I woke up and they were here in my house.  I love that!  They are so funny and so smart.  They are young, and beautiful and they have a start at life, a shot at life, the ability to do better than I have done.

They all three have better jobs than I did at their ages.  They have fewer worries, fewer voices in their heads, and we love each other.  I am the most fortunate man, I am the most fortunate father.  I am thankful, with tears running down my face for my children, Alli 25 - Jenny 23 and Scott - 21.

Now there are lots of other things that I am thankful for as well, but I love my kids, we will talk about the rest of thankful things in the days to come.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very touching. Life's greatest earthly treasure. Happy for you.

Lori said...

Pastor Jeff - We recognized your girls at the airport just a couple weeks ago as we were getting on the same flight to Orlando. As I'm sure they are used to being recognized as your daughters (and probably tire of it), they were still nothing but gracious and friendly to us... telling us about their upcoming free cruise. You have wonderful young adult children and you need to give parenting classes for those of us with teenagers!