Tuesday, November 20, 2012

thankful - 20

from a reader -


I am thankful…


I am thankful he chose to dwell in my heart.

I am thankful for his presence when each day starts.


I am thankful for the smell of flowers, and the smell of hay. The smell of a barn, where the baby Jesus lay.


I am thankful for sparrows and how birds fly.

I am thankful for clouds way up in the sky.


I am thankful for water that quenches our thirst.

And I am thankful for fireworks  and how they burst.


I am thankful for trees and all they provide.

For their leaves and shade and a place for animals to hide.

I think it is awesome how tall some trees grow.

How they give nuts and fruit to feed the kingdom so.

Another thing that is simply amazing is how paper For the pages of the Bible, also comes from trees!

His Word is to guide us and teach us about living.

His Presence is found there and fills me with praising. For wood to build things, like the ark and the manger the baby Jesus laid in.

For firewood to keep warm and the frames of the homes we live in.

I am also most thankful for the cross that was made For the taking of sins so we can live with him today. 


I am thankful for friendships and people to love.

I thank God for the pilgrims and to see a morning dove.


I am thankful for neighbors who live close by.

I am thankful for schools and the flags that they fly.


I thank God for our eyesight, and how both eyes work.

I am thankful for ears and the way God made animal’s ears perk.


I am thankful for laughter, when things are funny.

Smiles and giggles and bees who make honey.


I am thankful for life and the way God chose it to start.

In the womb of our mothers where HE formed our heart.


I am thankful for snow when everything is white, A gift from heaven is snowflakes that glisten in the light.

Reminds me of another gift that came down from above, The precious Holy Spirit that fills our hearts with His love.

 
I love it when it rains, I love it when it snows.

I love the sound of thunder and how the lightening glows.


I love and adore and thank God for his Son.

Jesus…the Holy Spirit, the trinity…three in one.


I am thankful for the cross and the plan God had made How Jesus died there for us and then rose from the grave.


I thank God for family, and that I am his friend.

I am thankful for Jesus and the Holy Spirt, He did send.


He is faithful to all who will trust and obey.

My heart is so full of his love when I pray.   

 
It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thankful for my mega church.

Mega church is the popular buzzword for churches that are huge in memberships. Their memberships are in terms of thousands and most often many thousands.

WCC is my mega church and here's why. The hearts of the people are large. They have mega hearts when it comes to loving God, loving each other, and having a giving spirit of excitement about their church on an ongoing basis.

We don't know whether God will lead WCC to become a "many thousands" church. Doesn't really matter. But if He does grow us into reaching that many people, we'll be a two-mega church, because we already have the mega hearts thing down.