Tuesday, December 19, 2017

3 dreams - part deux

So I had three dreams the other night. 

In the second one, it is Ash Wednesday and I totally forgot.  There is supposed to be a worship service at 7pm- in one hour..... and I am frantically looking for something that I have used in the past, something that I can pull out and put on the table. 

A staff person comes in and asks if they can help.  I ask them to pick hymns and get the logistics together.  They agree, they get to work and they are helpful.

I can't find anything  for a message.... and to make it worse, people keep coming into the office to visit with me.  I can't even pay attention to them because I am looking so hard to find something for the service.

Then I wake up.  Whew!!! It is not Ash Wednesday.  I put this dream also in the category of Whew, it was only a dream. 

Then I realize something.... the staff person in the dream that is helpful, is someone that was never helpful when they worked for me.  Now I have had many staff over the years.  Almost all of them loved what we were doing and jumped in for the mission.  I had a few though, who had their own agenda and a couple that actively tried to undermine what I was doing.  The person in this story that was helpful, was one of those.

I can't tell you how happy it made me that this person and I were getting along!  It is a reminder that in the fullness of time, God makes all things beautiful.  Some of the folks that we have been cross ways with in this life, will sit at the table with us in heaven.  So if there is someone that opposes you, don't hurt back.  Don't hold a grudge.  The difficulty, the stress is not the end of the story.  In the fullness of the kingdom, the lion does lay down with the lamb.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com









I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl18-brinkman-030518j-17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#eotours



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow do Iiii have 1 of Those kind of re-occuring dreams Glad it is a whew but, somehow it must have really happened