Wednesday, December 6, 2017

words that hurt

I said something the other day and hurt the feelings of a friend.  I felt terrible about it.

Why do good people say dumb things?  I wasn't thinking.  I was thinking from my situation in life not theirs.  I was............
Sometimes there is no good excuse.

From time to time it is going to happen.  Our words are going to hurt.  The only thing that I can tell you is that it is very important to apologize.  Do everything that you can to keep your words healthy.  But when you don't, be sure to own your part in the story and express your regret.

An apology does not make it all go away, but it does indicate that you value the person more than your own ego.

I'm sorry may not always be easy to say, but a sincere apology can go a long way to restoring a relationship.  I am sorry for any times that my words may have hurt you.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.





I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl18-brinkman-030518j-17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#eotours

No comments: