Monday, December 25, 2017

Thoughts on Christmas

Thoughts on Christmas...

Christmas is about Jesus, and it is about me and Jesus.
Jesus is born.
Somewhere along the line we chose him.
Somewhere along the way we came to know him.
We evaluate our lives by his teachings.

Christmas is also about family.
I remember the Christmases of my childhood.
The year I was scolded for breaking an ornament.
The year I was given switches and coal.
The times we went caroling.
The programs at church.
The many presents that I received in my later elementary days.
I remember Christmas in college.  Trying to get home.
I remember the year my water pump went out in Joplin and I was fortunate to find someone to fix it on Christmas day.
Christmases with young children.  Oh those were great!
Every Christmas since... how delightful.

Let me take a moment this day to celebrate you, my many friends.  I thank God for the gift of knowing you.  Whether you live in California, Missouri, Kansas or Florida or wherever, I love you and I am so happy that we have become friends.

Have a very very Merry Christmas!!!

t's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com









I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl18-brinkman-030518j-17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#eotours

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it wasnt for long ( too short in fact); but, I'm glad your path crossed mine too. Happy day